Rheea of Rainy Days and Mom-days just posted a super yummy easy-to-make chocolate mousse recipe … and healthy too! No eggs or cream in this one…you’d be surprised at the secret ingredient. =D check it out The Ultimate Faker Super Shortcut Semi-Healthy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Here are two recipes from our family that’s quick and easy to do =p i think when the baby’s here i’ll be looking into more recipes like these O_o.
If you share yours on Rainy Days and Mom-days, you can get a chance to win Empire Macarons!
Easy White Sauce
- something we cook when we’re too tamad or don’t have time to make sauce from scratch =p
1 small onion, finely chopped
1-2 clove garlic, sliced
1 Tbsp butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can-worth of water
1. Saute onion and garlic in butter.
2. Add cream of mushroom soup and water. Simmer.
3. Serve with your choice of noodles (ours is usually spaghetti, which is a pantry staple)
Voila! “pasta alfredo” anyone? hehe =D
• Add a can of tuna when sauteing onion and garlic for a fake “Tuna Pasta”
• Add chopped ham or bacon, then finish cream sauce with grated parmesan for a fake “Carbonara”
• Add to seared sirloin beef or pork and serve with rice ^_^
Easy Mango Cream Pie
- when we were kids, my mom made this dessert for all the birthday and family parties. my cousins and i loved it so much it became the Official Dessert, dubbed “Mango Supreme”, of our super-hero club Squadron Supreme =D
crushed graham crackers and butter (2:1 ratio of crackers to butter)
or use store-bought graham cracker crusts ;)
1 can condensed milk
2 packs 250-mL all-purpose cream
1 sachet unflavored gelatin
ripe mango, sliced
1. Follow package directions for gelatin mixture.
2. Whip together condensed milk and cream until smooth, stirring in gelatin.
3. Layer sliced mangoes on crust, cover with cream mixture.
4. Chill until firm.
• you can use peaches instead of mangoes for peach cream pie =p